We are both avid lovers of food, so today we want to share a simple spring roll recipe you can make in less than 20 minutes!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Rice Paper
- Rice Noodles
- Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/4 LB Deveined Shrimp
- Mint Leaves
- Hot Water
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
For the peanut sauce:
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
For the rolls:
- Boil water and set aside until warm (separate two bowls, one for the rice paper, one for rice noodles)
- Thinly slice the carrot and cucumber
- Separate the lettuce and mint leaves
- Peel and boil shrimp
- Cut shrimp in half
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water until soft
Tip: Before you begin rolling the spring rolls, make sure you have all the ingredients ready to go for fast assembly.
- Soak the rice paper in warm water until translucent (only a couple seconds)
- Place rice paper in smooth surface
- Arrange ingredients in rows, make sure the shrimps are placed on top
- Start rolling the rice paper from the bottom up, slowly but tightly, tucking in the sides as you roll to the top
Don’t give up if you don’t get it on the first try, we promise it gets easier as you practice! And of course you can substitute shrimp with other protein as well, like tofu or chicken.
Until next time,
Annie & Dorina