Today, I want to share a recipe my mom taught me, Pumpkin soup with pork ribs! The combination is very random, I know, but it’s so tasty and hearty. I use to look forward and beg my mom to make this. You will only need FIVE ingredients.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 1 package of pork rib for stew, most store sells these.
- 1/2 of a kabocha pumpkin (with the green skin)
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro and green onions for topping
- Instant Pot or stock pot
- Potato masher, if not, a fork will work too!
- Place pork rib in a soup pot and fill with enough water to cover
- Bring to a boil
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, clean the pumpkin, take out the seeds, and cut the skin off
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes
- Take off the heat and drain the water, make sure you rinse the “cooked” pork
- Fill with instant pot with fresh water, the pork, and cubed pumpkin. Make sure it’s enough water to cover all the ingredients
- Set the Instant Pot to manual, high pressure, for 25 minutes
- Once it’s done, use the quick release button and bring out your masher
- Using a masher, mash the pumpkin until it’s smooth, should be effortless
- This is the most important step, add salt to taste and top with cilantro and green onions. It just doesn’t taste complete without it.
Hope you enjoy one of my favorite soup recipe! It’s easy and makes for a perfect weekday dinner.