Y’all, I found the best appetizer for you to make at your next dinner party! Stuffed Mushrooms! These are seriously the best ever and it’s easy to throw together. The “hardest” part of this recipe is cutting onions, I swear!
This recipe is adopted from Pioneer Woman, feature photo copyrighted by The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond, rest of the photo and cooking by me! 🙂
First you need to gather all your ingredients. Tip: when cooking, prep everything first to speed up the process.Ingredients:
-A Package of 24 oz Mushrooms
It could be portobello or white button mushroom, doesn’t matter. I always look at the size of the cap, the bigger the more stuffin, the better 😉
-One White Onion
-Four Cloves of Garlic
-1/3 Package of Breakfast Sausage
You can use spicy hot sausage, bacon, italian for a combo of all three.
–One Egg Yolk
-One Package of Cream Cheese
-Lots of Parmesan Cheese
Fresh, grated, shredded, powder… doesn’t matter! As long as it’s in there.
–1/3 Cup of DRY White Wine
- Preheat oven to 350F and take out the cream cheese so it’s room temperature.
- Dice onion and garlic as small as possible. You don’t want big pieces of onion in your stuffing, yikes.
- Rinse all the mushrooms and de-stem!
- Save the stems and chop them up.
- Saute 1/3 package of the sausage or whatever protein you are using in an un-oiled pan. Once cooked, set aside.
- Cook the onions and garlic in the same pan as sausage. All those brown bits really gives it flavor! Stir well until soften.
- Once soften, add white wine to deglaze the pan. It’s okay if you pour yourself a little glass too 😉
- Once all the wine evaporates, about 2 minutes or so, add in the chopped mushroom stems. I added a tiny bit of white wine here to help the stems soften.
- After this mixture is cooked, set aside and cool.
- In the meantime, mix together the cream cheese and egg yolk until smooth and pour in the cooked sausage, the mix, and as much Parmesan cheese as you fancy.
- After everything is combined, you can now move to stuffing. Don’t be shy and really pack in the mixture!
- The final step is to pop these in the oven and bake 350F for 25 mins or until they are brown and melty.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious stuff mushroom recipe. These mushrooms were consumed before I even could take a final product picture…yes, they were a hit! Try it out and let me know what you think 🙂